The Parents Group for the Manhattan Football Program requests assistance from parents and student athletes for fund-raising events and for support of the players for pregame meals and away games. Below is a list of upcoming events where we could use your help. Please click the links below for electronic signup sheets where you can see a list of the other parents who will be participating. Thanks in advance if you are able to volunteer to spend some time working in support of our boys and the MHS football program!
- Basketball Concessions, November 2, 2015 to March 2, 2016. The Parents Group and players will run the concession stands at the K-State basketball games at Bramlage Coliseum. Please sign up and volunteer to help out at Signup Genius.
- Annual Barbeque Fundraiser, October 9, 2015. The Parents Group will hold the annual barbeque fundraiser as part of the Silver Trophy Game against Junction City on Friday, October 9. Please sign up to help with preparation and sales of food, shifts will be short and about an hour each. Click the link for the Signup Genius. Tickets will be $5.
- Turnout for the Blackout, October 9, 2015. The Parents Group is selling custom t-shirts for the Silver Trophy Game against Junction City on Friday, October 9. Shirts will be sold starting at the scrimmage on August 27 and at the high school until all of the shirts are gone. Shirts are a bargain at only $10 each!
- Sack Lunches, Sep 3, Sep 17, Sep 24, Oct 15, and Oct 22, 2015. Players on the varsity team are provided with a sack lunch before they travel to away games. Please sign up to help put together lunches on Thursday night, or to help deliver the lunches up to the high school on Friday afternoon. Here is a map with directions for parking and to the entrance for the prep room at Weber Hall.
- Gold Card Blitz, August 3-7, 2015. The football players will be selling $20 gold cards with discounts for local businesses. The cards are good for a one-time $10 discount on groceries at Dillon’s and for half price meals at a variety of participating restaurants.
- Golf Tournament, July 17, 2015. Dear Football Alumni and Friends of the MHS Football program: The 2015 Golf Tournament for MHS Football Alumni and Friends will be held on July 17th at Stagg Hill Golf Course. Party to follow in Aggieville. For registration forms and more information, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- Fireworks Stand, July 1-4, 2015. Hello MHS football family! We are going to be running the fireworks stand for a fundraiser again this year. Same great location as last year. We will be at the intersection of Ft. Riley Blvd and Rosencutter and in front of the Chinese restaurant next to Briggs Automotive. The stand will be open from noon to midnight on the 1st – the 4th of July. We will need lots of help with setting up on June 30th. Please sign up for at least one shift. We need at least two adults per shift but more would be great. We appreciate you volunteering to help make this fundraiser a success!
- Spirit Wear, until July 8, 2015. Order shirts and hoodies with the Manhattan Indians logo on the front and a schedule of the Fall 2015 season on the back. Online store available at https://ktforms.com/store/afmhsfb until July 8.
- Spirit Wear with Glitz and Glam, no deadline. Order shirts, blankets, hats or bumper stickers to support the Manhattan Indians Football program. Many items can be customized with player names.